Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

About my Blog

I guess some of you may be wondering why I titled my blog "Walk a Mile in My Merrells." Actually, I'm even wondering why! But let me emote for a few lines, and perhaps that and a little therapy later will help me to know. You're on your own!

Merrells, of course, refers to shoes....a particular brand, actually, most of which are shoes for ACTIVE people....like hikers, kayakers, walkers, rock-climbers, etc. While I enjoy a good little walk from time to time, I don't consider myself any of the former, even by the farthest stretch of the imagination! I'm nearly 55 years old, and I have some health issues that keep me from being as active as I'd like, but nevertheless, I'm just not one of those crazy adventurous types.....PHYSICALLY!

But I have two sons, and the older one is constantly telling me that I need to get some Merrells!! Now, I know that what he wants is for me to go hiking with him...and most of the time I would love to go...especially if I could trust him not to drag me to some crazy trail with rocks and cliffs, and inclines in excess of 80 degrees! (He can't be trusted.) But what he tells me is, 'You need to get some Merrells.' 'Dad, you need these Merrells!' and 'Dad, they have Merrells over at __________, and they're only $89!!!'

I also love to travel. I would rather travel than do just about about anything else. I love the opportunities to see new places, meet new people, and experience new things! I also love to share those experiences with anyone who is interested, so beginning a travel blog seemed to be a great way to begin! So, all you friends out there....WALK A MILE IN MY MERRELLS (yes, I do own a pair now!)...please enjoy my travels, and my ramblings, and my photographs, set to verbiage herein! Let me know what you like, what you don't like, and even ask questions if you like! I hope you get to travel too, if you like traveling, and I hope you will consider sharing your travels with others as well!

George Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment